Saturday, January 03, 2015

2015 New Years Resolutions

Source: http://stampedblessings.com/
New year, new start, new luck. So here is what's on my list for 2015:



1. Stop nail-biting!
This is such a hard one for me and I've tried countless times. But it seems like I'm already on a good path, since I haven't been biting my nails since Christmas! Let's hope I won't cave in once life get's stressful again.

2. Be more active!
I don't necessarily mean a two hour workout everyday - although I do want to work out more - but just do more! Even if it's just to go out to get a coffee or for a quick walk around the block.

3. Eat better!
Especially during my time here in Spain I've eaten so much rubbish. Not much fastfood, but a lot of sweets and unhealthy snacks instead of good proper meals. And it's come so far that I'm actually really craving healthy foods, like fruit or a nice salad. So this definitely has to change!

4. Get back into blogging!
I've been slacking. There have been so many things going on, that I never really found the time or motivation to write anything. I sat down in front of my laptop a few times, but it just never felt right, so I gave up after a couple of minutes. But I am sorting things out and feeling better again, so i hope to be better and post more often and regular again.

5. Read more!
I've always been a bookworm, but somehow life's got in the way. But I miss books and reading and learning. I want to read again, from thrillers to fantasy to romantic novels, big books, small books or just the newspaper, it doesn't matter.

6. Sleep better!
And with that I don't mean sleep more. I sleep enough, sometimes I even sleep too much resulting in even more exhaustion. But I mean sleep better, sort out my sleep patterns, don't go to bed too late and instead get up earlier, and don't completely ruin it all again as soon as the weekend rolls around.

7. Sort my life out!
The past couple of months I feel like I haven't really been myself. I wasn't happy with my life and myself. But I'm slowly getting out of this hole. So for 2015 I want to figure out what I want for myself and want I want to do with my live. And do it! And not do things, because others expect my to do them, or because I've always done them so why change now. I want to find my own path, but for that I need to know what I want. But I feel like I am already on my way there and the more I figure it out, the more motivated I am to get started. So bring it on!

8. Don't set New Years resolutions!
After just having read seven resolutions I've set for 2015, this may sound weird. I am not saying this was all for jokes and I'm not doing any of it. But the problem with new years resolutions is, if you try to change everything at once, you are bound to fail. I think we have all experienced this. Wanting too much at once and ending with nothing. So for this year I am taking it slowly, one change a month. Starting with one resolution and if I manage to keep it up, add the next one the month after. Taking small steps. Maybe just cutting out gummi bears, while still eating chocolate, instead of trying to throw over my whole diet over night. And hopefully at the end of the year, I can look back and tick of all of those points, even if I just started with the last one that month.



What are your new years resolutions? Do you even have any? But remember, the new year is a good point to start over, but don't try to turn your whole life around in one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment