Thursday, April 03, 2014

Spring Beauty Treats



As I've been working for the past few weeks I wanted to treat myself to a few beauty items I've been eyeing for a while now. But as always I ended up buying more than I had planned since there were so many things that caught my attention.


St. Tropez Top-to-Toe Collection: Since spring is finally here and it gets acceptable to wear shorter clothing its time to get the tan on. Over the winter my beautiful colour from my last vacation has faded completely and now my legs are pale as can be. Therefore I needed a good self tanner that would get me ready to get out the skirts and dresses. I've always wanted to try the St. Tropez range due to all the good recommendations all over the internet and when I stumbled upon this set on feelunique I just had to put it into my basket. Including the Bronzing Mousse, the Self Tan Perfect Legs Spray and the Bronzing Lotion Face it has everything to get you covered top-to-toe (hence the name, duh…) and it's great to try out the range and see what you like and what maybe not so much. I'm excited to try this. (Unfortunately it seems to be sold out)

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette: While browsing the side I also came across the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. I've contemplated buying this little beauty a few times before but always hesitated because of the price tag. But as I'm slowly but surely hitting pan on the matte shades in my Naked Palette (the original one) I decided it was time to stock up on some good, basic mattes. With the Naked eyeshadow series you just can't go wrong. They're all amazingly pigmented and the palette contains everything you need to create everything from a simple day look to a basic smokey eye for a night out.


Illamasqua Blush in Ambition and Mac Lipstick in Cockney: I can't get my hands on any Illamasqua products where I live in Germany and never having tried anything from them before I was always hesitant ordering it on the internet even though a lot of people do recommend the brand. I just like to test things out before spending lots of money on shipping fees and all that stuff. So when I saw that Aline had an Illamasqua blush in her most recent blog sale on her side I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to try it and not having to pay too much. While I was at it I also bought the Mac lipstick in Cockney which is a really pretty red. It is my first ever Mac lipstick - that's a shocker, I know - but I'm already in love and can finally understand all the hype about it. I think I'm hooked (feeling sorry for my bank account though).


Other bits: I also bought some things while shopping the other day. First there is Essie's In Stitches, a beautiful blush pink that's neutral but still with a pop of colour and good to wear for every season. Perfect if you want to wear colour on your nails but keep it muted and a little more elegant at the same time. Next I purchased the L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint Make Up. For spring I wanted a more lightweight foundation that doesn't feel to heavy on the skin. So far I really like this one as its consistency is quite thin and liquid but it still covers enough without being heavy. You can barely feel it on the skin. Only downside: it can get quite messy due to the missing dispenser. Lastly I got the Tony&Guy Casual Sea Salt Spray. I haven't used it yet so I can't say whether I like it, but I just wanted to see what all the hype is about.

Lush Goodies: Finally I went to Lush. I don't get to buy Lush products all that often as they don't have a store in my town so it's always a great experience going there and I spend hours deciding what I want. This time the decision fell on the Dragon's Egg Bath Bomb: "Dragon's Egg makes bathtime exciting as it fizzes and crackles and changes the colour of your water to gorgeous citrusy gold. Its scent is reminiscent of lemon sherbet, with a hint of jasmine, leaving you feeling great and ready for a good day. Its citrus scents leave you feeling transformed and invigorated." Or so it says on the website. Either way I can't wait to use it in my next bath! The other thing I bought was already tested after my shower today. It's the Brazened Honey Face Mask. It's supposed to wake up the skin, detox, soothe and moisturise. The smell is nice and fresh and it did leave my skin feeling fresh and clean. When taking it off it also exfoliates and at the same time doesn't leave the skin all dried out, which is good since I have quite dry skin. The nice lady at Lush also gave me a little sample of the Love Lettuce mask because I could't really decide which one to buy. I still have to try this one.


That's all - for now. There is still a package on its way with some more beauty bits to try and test, but I will write about this when it arrives. Until then I got my hands full with all the stuff featured here and some other things still unused and waiting to be opened. 

What are your spring beauty must-haves? 





1 comment:

  1. You're blog is fabulous! Do you mind checking my blog out?
    http://kellystravelsaroundtheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete