Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Monthly Favorites | July


I can't believe it is already august. This year goes by so fast. But since it's a new month now I thought I'd share with you my favorites from the past month. I love reading/watching monthly favorites, so I hope you do as well.




Beauty:

The Body Shop Aloe Lip Balm: This lip treatment contains bio-aloe-gel and it's really natural as it is fragrance, color and alcohol-free. Therefore it's perfect for sensitive lips. It instantly nourished and smoothes and I love that the applicator makes on the go uses very easy, as you don't have to put your finger into a tub as with most lip balms.

L'Oreal Nude Magique CC cream: Due to the warmer weather in July I've been avoiding heavy foundations during the day and opted for bb creams or tinted moisturizers. This L'Oreal one comes out white, but adapts to your skin tone when rubbed in. I apply it with my fingers as it's the easiest and works the best for me. It only gives a light coverage but with concealer and on good skin days, it's perfectly fine. I think it looks really nice on the skin and it doesn't break me out, which I found some other bb creams do.

NYX Butter Gloss: You've probably heard of them before. In the summer I am always a little afraid my lipstick will go everywhere when I'm sweating and lip gloss can get a bit tacky. But not with those. They seriously feel like they melt into your lips, it is not sticky at all and OMG do they smell amazing. The color is not to opaque as it is a gloss, but they give you just the perfect hint of color on your lips.

Evian Facial Spray: Again, with the sweaty summer heat this has been a life saver. Some may say: what pay for a spray bottle of water? But just try it. One or two spritzes all over the face when you're out and about and things are getting just a little too sweaty, and you instantly feel so much more refreshed and better. Still not sold? Ask my boyfriend! He was very skeptical at first, but now I have to hide the bottle from him or it will be gone in less than a day.

Soap&Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub: Yet another well know product in the beauty blogging sphere. But I guess there is a reason everyone keeps talking about the same old things. They are just that good! I love the citrusy smell of this Soap&Glory Scrub and it's just the right amount of scrubby-ness (is that even a word?). My mum once tried it while she was visiting and now she is hooked as well!

Fashion:

Primark Sandals: I've been wearing those sandals almost everyday for the past month. They are so comfortably and go with everything, be it shorts, a dress, skirts or pants. 

Dainty Necklaces: Don't get me wrong, I still love me my big Statement Jewelry. But recently I've been enjoying wearing necklaces that are a little lighter. Either on their own with a patterned shirt/dress or two or three in different lengths layered on top of a simple with shirt.

Music/TV:

Ed Sheeran - X: Do I need to say more? This has been played over and over since it's out. If you have already listened to Ed Sheerans newest album then you probably know what I'm talking about. If not, then what have you been doing? Go and listen to it right now!

Suits: Looking for a new series to watch? Never heard of Suits before? First of all, again: where have you been? And second: watch it! I was hooked since I've watched the first episode and been watching it anytime I've had a free moment during the past weeks. Currently in the middle of season two.


I know this post is a little late, but things were a bit crazy last week. To make up for it I am going to post twice this week. Watch out for a another post on the weekend!


What have you been loving recently?





No comments:

Post a Comment