Sunday, October 05, 2014

Surf Lesson and Swimming With Turtles



You know those things you've always wanted to do but never came around to? Well, learning to surf is one of them for me. Last weekend I finally had my first surf lesson.
Unfortunately I don't have many pictures from that morning, because my main concern was trying not to swallow too much sea water while somehow holding on to my board and attempting to catch the next wave and stand up for a few seconds. I knew the first time wouldn't be easy and I probably would spend most of the time falling instead of actually standing on the board. I did actually manage to stand up a few times, and even though it was quite exhausting and I woke up the next day with sore muscles and a few bruises, I can't wait for my next lesson. It's just too much fun!


Not letting the tiredness stop us, we quickly went home, got changed and caught the next bus towards the south. Destination: El Médano. We had made plans to go to the small beach in El Puertito de Adeje, but since the bus ride would take 3 hours we decided to spend the evening and night at the apartment of a friend. El Médano is a cute little town where you mostly meet surfers and spanish families staying at their holiday flats. The beach is famous for it's waves and the wind, so if you are into wind- or kitesurfing, this is the place for you. 




After a nice little walk along the beach the next morning, we continued our way towards El Puertito. And it was so worth it! Under the trees along the waterfront you find spanish families having a picnic, boats floating on the water and campers every where you look. We threw our clothes in the sand and headed straight for the water armed with our snorkeling equipment. Unfortunately I only saw one turtle, but it was a great experience nonetheless and I would love to go back and do it again. But I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves.














Did you ever swim with sea turtles or anything similar?



No comments:

Post a Comment