Sunday, January 12, 2014

My Year Of Travel 2013 (Part 1)


Our route

I love to travel. There are thousand of beautiful places around the world worth visiting. Unfortunately I never get to travel as much as I'd like to, due to lack of time and money. Last year however I got to see a lot of different places, some I've been to before others for the first time. I loved every single trip and therefore thought I'd share some of my experiences and pictures with you.


In March my dad and I went on a Red Sea cruise with AIDA cruises. We've been on a tour with AIDA before (to the Canaries) and liked it so much that we decided to go again. The route took us from Sharm El-Sheik (Egypt) to Aqaba (Jordan), from there to Aqaba (Israel) and Luxor/Safaga (Egypt) and finally to Kairo/Sokhna and back to Sharm El-Sheik.

The weather was awesome. The sun was shining everyday with temperatures up tp 30°C while there was tons of snow back home in Germany. We had also booked two guided trips in advance, since it's difficult to go exploring by yourself and I wouldn't recommend it if you've never been there before. The first trip took us to the ancient city of Petra in Jordan and the other one to see the Sphinx and the Great Pyramids of Giza in Egypt. Petra was simply beautiful. It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site and featured in films such as Indiana Jones or Transformers. Definitely a place you should put on your travel bucket list. Same holds for the Pyramids of Giza. It's impossible to imagine how impressive something made of simple blocks of stone can be if you haven't seen them yourself. They are just really really big as you can see in the picture below.

Al Khazneh - The Treasury


With my dad :)

Sphinx of Giza and Pyramids

The little blue dot at the bottom is my dad

For the rest of the week we stayed on board at the pool in the sun and enjoyed ourselves with nice cocktails and awesome food (the food on board is really good!).


A Beautiful Sunset




It was a great and relaxing week and I was especially happy that I got to check off one more point from my list of places I want to see before I die.


What are some places on your travel bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment