Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What I Got For Christmas



I know Christmas was almost a month ago, but I decided it's never too late to do a 'What I got for Christmas' Post. For me Christmas is the best time of the year. I love everything about it - the beautiful lights, Christmas markets, buying presents, the atmosphere. And one of my favourite things to do after Christmas is to watch all those YouTube videos and blogpost and see what other people got. Because deep inside you know, things that technically aren't your business are always the most interesting ;)

This year I didn't really know what to wish for. Since I'm living on my own I just buy whatever I want or need whenever I what or need it myself. Therefore my 'big' present this year was some shopping money from my dad to spend on my weekend trip to London with my sister the week before Christmas. With this money I bought myself a t-Shirt from Topshop, a Hollister Cardigan and the Victoria's Secret Pure Seduction Body Scrub and Fragrance Mist. I always wanted to try the Pure Seduction Series or just anything from Victoria's Secrets body care line as you hear everyone ranting about it for years. Well spend money in my opinion :)


I didn't expect to get anything else from my dad, but he wanted me to have something to unwrap under the tree so he got me a Sonos sound system. This thing is amazing. You just connect a bridge to your router and then you can place the speaker in whatever room you like. You could even put one in every room and play different music on each one. The music is controlled via an app on your computer or smartphone. I installed it as soon as I was home and it's the best!

My sister bought my this retro style watch for my wall. It fits beautifully in between my metallic sings. I needed a clock ever since I moved into my own place, so this was perfect.




From the rest of my family I got two books (Game of Thrones part 3 and a german book I can't find an english translation for), a cuddly grey scarf, the cute red beanie and new bedding from Ikea. I chose everything beforehand and my mum distributed it among the family to wrap and give to me. That's how we did it for the past few years to make sure, we only get things that we really want and enjoy. Of course I also got some chocolate but that's long gone (who can resist chocolate longer than a day or two?).

Jewelry wise I got this beautiful ring from my mum. You can twist it open and exchange the parts in the middle. This way you can wear it everyday and it always looks different. My boyfriends parents gave me those stunning earrings that look like little disco balls when they catch the light. I love them, it's exactly what I would've picked for myself.

The shower gel and the wintery set below were presents from my boyfriends grandparents. You can never have enough shower gels and body lotions and I also really like the smell of those. I especially love the slippers as the floor in my apartment is really cold in winter and they keep my feet perfectly warm. 

Last but not least my boyfriends present. We're going on a short trip to Berlin in April (which was his birthday present to me) and now he got us tickets to a show in the Friedrichsstadtpalast. The show palace is the largest one in europe and I always wanted to watch a show there. I am so excited and can't wait for April to come.



Those were all my presents this year. Even though I didn't quite know what to wish for I still got a bunch of amazing gifts. I am really grateful for everything and love it all. Thanks a lot again!


What did you get for Christmas this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment