Sunday, January 26, 2014

Father-Daughter-Weekend

This weekend my dad came to visit. Since I moved two hours from my hometown I don't see my parents very often anymore. Therefore I was really happy when my dad decided to spend saturday and sunday at my place.


Looking forward to those two days I decided to bake a cake to welcome my dad. After watching Tanya Burr's recent videos I wanted to try her lemon drizzle cake (watch here). It was delicious! Definitely gonna be making this one again. After having coffee and a little bit of the cake we went to Ikea. I needed to get just a few things, but as always with Ikea you end up taking home way more than expected. And of course you can't leave after an exhausting shopping trip through Ikea without grabbing a delicious hotdog at the bistro before going home. 

Sneak Peak of what I bought - will be posting a complete haul sometime next week


Later we went to town for dinner. Originally we had planned to go for tapas in a nice spanish Restaurant, but we didn't get a table as they were completely booked out for the evening. Postponing this to another day we went to Maredo's instead. I'm glad we did, because the food was amazing. For starters we had tomato soup and chicken broth, followed by fillet steak and shrimps for me and mixed grill for my dad. The best thing however was the dessert! We decided on the big plate to share and it was mouth-watering! There was a little bit of everything on it. On our way home it started to snow, a perfect end to the night. 



Sunday morning we skipped the plan of going out for breakfast due to our laziness and had a nice little breakfast in front of the tv instead. In return we went for lunch a bit later. After rostis and waffles, we went for another walk through the snow before my dad  had to leave again. It definitely was a really nice weekend and good to spend some father-daughter-quality time.

How did you spend you're weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment